Hudson Heritage Farms Chorizo Dip
- 1 pound Hudson Heritage Farms chorizo sausage
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion (1 small)
- 1 4 1/2 ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips or warm flour tortillas
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet cook sausage over medium heat until cooked through. Remove sausage from skillet; drain off fat. In the same skillet cook onion over medium heat until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in chile peppers and roasted sweet peppers; cook until heated through. Remove onion mixture from skillet.
- In two 14-ounce au gratin dishes place 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese in each dish. Gently press down cheese to form an even layer. Divide meat mixture among dishes. Sprinkle pepper mixture and remaining 1 cup of cheese over chorizo*. Or arrange 3 cups of shredded cheese in an even layer in the hot skillet. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle pepper mixture over all. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips Makes 10 to 12 servings.
If you like, cover and chill for up to 4 hours. Bake as directed above.